André de Koning
Clinical psychologist; Jungian Psychoanalyst since 1984; Director of Training and former President of ANZSJA (Australian and NZ Society); Training Analyst since 1990
All types have been part of my practice, nowadays mainly for supervision. I see clients as well Online (see www.jungianonline.com).
Born in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) in 1951, André de Koning completed his doctoral examination in Clinical Psychology at the University of Leiden (1975), where he was a student of Professor J H van den Berg. Later, he was a Visiting Scholar and Lecturer in phenomenological psychology at Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, USA (1974-1975) and a Thyssen Fellow at Heidelberg University, Germany (Department of Psychiatry; 1977-1978). André also worked in the United Kingdom for several years (1975-1977) in the field of Psychiatry.
He completed his training as a Jungian psychoanalyst in Brussels in 1983 and became a training analyst and member of the Training Committee of the Belgian Society for Analytical Psychology in January 1991.
Since moving from The Netherlands to Perth (Australia) in 1994, Drs. de Koning has been involved in the further development of training with the Australian and New Zealand Society for Jungian Analysts and its C G Jung Institute (ANZSJA-CGJI). He was Convener of Training from 1994-2003.
André was a Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association for Analytical Psychology (IAAP) from 1998-2004, and he was President of ANZSJA. Additionally, Drs. de Koning assisted in setting up the Singapore C G Jung Institute and has since taught courses there.
1. ‘The Qualitative Method of Research in the Phenomenology of Suspicion’, in Duquesne Studies in Phenomenological Psychology, Vol.III, eds. Giorgi, R.Knowles, D.Smith. Duquesne University Press, Pittsburgh, 1979.
2 . ‘Phenomenology, in Phenomenology and Psychiatry, AJJ de Koning and FA Jenner, Academic Press, London. Grune & Stratton. New York, 1982.
3. ‘Suspicion and Delusion’, in Phenomenology and Psychiatry, A.J.J. de Koning and F.A. Jenner, Academic Press, London. Grune & Stratton. New York, 1982.
4. ‘Reflections on the Heart’, in The Changing Reality of Modern Man, Kruger,D., Juta Press, Cape Town, 1984.
5 .‘Introduction’, in Qualitative Research in Psychology , Ashworth, P., Giorgi, A., De Koning,AJJ, (eds), Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, 1986
6 .‘Our Many Selves’, in Temenos, Canberra, 1995.
7. ‘Freud and Jung: A Battle of Titans’, Australian Journal of Psychotherapy, Vol.16, 1997.
8. ‘Beyond his Story’, Journal for Analytical Psychology, 43,1998.
9. ‘Beyond his Story’, in Florence 1998 , Proceedings of The Fourteenth International Congress For Analytical Psychology, Mattoon (ed.)., Daimon Verlag., 1998.
10. ‘Futurology and Metabletics’, in Janus Head, 10.2 Special Issue: J.H. van den Berg. Trivium Publications, Amherst, New York, 2008.